Meetings for EUs

Message (Page 1 of 1)

USMCCOMMANDER

USMCCOMMANDER

Support Administrator
Support Administrator

Posted Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:12 pm

Attention all EU Members,
The next time I see any meeting going against the MRP unless declared an emergency meeting, which is under the approval of a 1iC, it will be cancelled and further consequences are possible. All meetings are to be planned at the least 1 week in advance. As it says in the MRP, "Meetings should also have at least a week notice. " 

http://www.lapd.createaforum.com

Channdie

Channdie

Manager
Manager

Posted Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:19 pm

To be honest - I think this rule is the least of the rules that we should be enforcing at the SS.  It is GREAT to see that the EUs are even having meetings now - as not that many happened before.  So, I think it is safe to say - we can let them go and just issue reminders to them.  As I don't see any point in disciplining someone on posting a meeting.  Besides - most of the EUs typically comply when posting meetings.

AgentSam23

AgentSam23

Posted Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Mhm , Says the Master Chan.

USMCCOMMANDER

USMCCOMMANDER

Support Administrator
Support Administrator

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Channdie wrote:To be honest - I think this rule is the least of the rules that we should be enforcing at the SS.  It is GREAT to see that the EUs are even having meetings now - as not that many happened before.  So, I think it is safe to say - we can let them go and just issue reminders to them.  As I don't see any point in disciplining someone on posting a meeting.  Besides - most of the EUs typically comply when posting meetings.
And I have issued reminders to people several times.... And it would not punish individuals, it would cancel the meeting, and if several meetings are planned for the same time, with one one day before (which I have seen twice) there is a serious problem. So far I have had to warn SET, AT, and SRC. Next time it happens the meeting will be cancelled. When it was added to the MRP it was supported by all EU members.

Channdie

Channdie

Manager
Manager

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:12 pm

If a meeting has been made two days before the actual date and a lot of persons or the entire individual EU are able to attend - there is no reason to cancel the meeting.  Even when we do set meetings out in advance - only a few show up, that is how it is.  So again - we don't have anything else to do besides check dates and compare them when it's been posted? Sorry to say - but I am sure that you and myself and everyone else have a lot more to do besides worry about the dates of a meeting. 

I mean, we have so many things to work on like:
- Communication
- Rank Communication between ranks
- Entire website that needs updated/added too constantly
- Personnel Development and coaching
- and so much more.

You can enforce what you want however, I won't be enforcing this to any of my EUs because they're all getting the ball rolling - cut some slack and enforce it at a later time, now is not the time to do so.

USMCCOMMANDER

USMCCOMMANDER

Support Administrator
Support Administrator

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Channdie wrote:If a meeting has been made two days before the actual date and a lot of persons or the entire individual EU are able to attend - there is no reason to cancel the meeting.  Even when we do set meetings out in advance - only a few show up, that is how it is.  So again - we don't have anything else to do besides check dates and compare them when it's been posted? Sorry to say - but I am sure that you and myself and everyone else have a lot more to do besides worry about the dates of a meeting. 

- Communication
- and so much more.

You can enforce what you want however, I won't be enforcing this to any of my EUs because they're all getting the ball rolling - cut some slack and enforce it at a later time, now is not the time to do so.
If almost all can attend, then an exception should be made. However, If it is planned 1 day in advance, as the same exact time as a different EU, and most cannot attend, there is no excuse. The rule was put in place to improve communication between EU members, because most people will not see there is a meeting in 1 day. Not to mention, if EUs have back-to-back meeting times, some members of both EUs would have to choose which to attend, or to leave the first one early (if the meeting goes over). If a meeting is planned 1 week in advance, It allows other EUs to plan their meetings accordingly, It allows the EU members to clear their schedules and also for them to plan for the meeting (i.e. when to wake up, what materiels/information will they need (and collect them). The website is run by admins, of which even right now I do not possess (I am waiting for Rick to give), which do not concern any certain EU. Also, Forums are run my Managers, Moderators, and Admins, of which work real hard already, and are not part of a certain EU. We can reduce it to like 5 days, but there needs to be sufficient planning on the part of Overseers. This rule also applies to HR+ and Senior Staff Meetings, which of course, can be overridden by a 1iC. Planning, Planning, Planning.

Channdie

Channdie

Manager
Manager

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:32 pm

USMCCOMMANDER wrote:
Channdie wrote:If a meeting has been made two days before the actual date and a lot of persons or the entire individual EU are able to attend - there is no reason to cancel the meeting.  Even when we do set meetings out in advance - only a few show up, that is how it is.  So again - we don't have anything else to do besides check dates and compare them when it's been posted? Sorry to say - but I am sure that you and myself and everyone else have a lot more to do besides worry about the dates of a meeting. 

- Communication
- and so much more.

If almost all can attend, then an exception should be made. However, If it is planned 1 day in advance, as the same exact time as a different EU, and most cannot attend, there is no excuse. The rule was put in place to improve communication between EU members, because most people will not see there is a meeting in 1 day. Not to mention, if EUs have back-to-back meeting times, some members of both EUs would have to choose which to attend, or to leave the first one early (if the meeting goes over). If a meeting is planned 1 week in advance, It allows other EUs to plan their meetings accordingly, It allows the EU members to clear their schedules and also for them to plan for the meeting (i.e. when to wake up, what materiels/information will they need (and collect them). The website is run by admins, of which even right now I do not possess (I am waiting for Rick to give), which do not concern any certain EU. Also, Forums are run my Managers, Moderators, and Admins, of which work real hard already, and are not part of a certain EU. We can reduce it to like 5 days, but there needs to be sufficient planning on the part of Overseers. This rule also applies to HR+ and Senior Staff Meetings, which of course, can be overridden by a 1iC. Planning, Planning, Planning.

You can enforce what you want however, I won't be enforcing this to any of my EUs because they're all getting the ball rolling - cut some slack and enforce it at a later time, now is not the time to do so. Smile

Serg

Serg

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:36 pm

I personally right at the current stages of these units.
Meetings are important - I personally don't care if it's like a three day warning, all do check forums daily.

http://www.officials.Habbo-help.com

USMCCOMMANDER

USMCCOMMANDER

Support Administrator
Support Administrator

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Meetings are important, there is no argument about that. If you want to change the rule, fine, but if there are issues with meetings conflicting and miscommunication, dont blame it on me.

AgentSam23

AgentSam23

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Oh Wow?

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

eddiesouthcombe

PrincessaLuce

PrincessaLuce

Posted Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:15 am

AT meeting was posted about 6 days and 22 hours in advance but.. apologies for posting it late. Won't do it again! ^_^
Although I personally recalled the EU meetings are not exactly supposed to be as strict on the MRP? In case of any last minute planning e.g; SET's Events needs to have a couple of meetings days before the real event. It's also taking a bit long just to introduce new members to others when they were accepted about a week before.
This is why some of the EUs just prefer to go with private meetings instead of taking it officially before. On other terms though, a week in advance does give everyone enough time to check about the meeting and clear their schedules to attend.
Maybe it would be good if a little leniency are applied with the days. But rules are still rules. As long as its there, we can't go against them. Once one rule is overlooked, what makes it different from breaking other rules as well? :<

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)