Secret Service Backup Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Awaiting Badge Badge

Message (Page 1 of 1)

-FlyingAce-

-FlyingAce-

Loyal Member

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:46 am

Ok so Im alittle confused, I cannot reply to the topic so im posting here, hope its the right place but ANYWAYS please tell me if I get this right,

The Awaiting Badge Badge is Only given to people promoted to a new Rank Unit, and removed when needed badge is received?

And to accept the badge you need the promoter to be there right? Cause that's the way Ive been doing it, No promoter, No Accepty!

just wanna make sure im doing it right and not messing it up or missing anything XD

Channdie

Channdie

Manager
Manager

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:26 am

Yes - that is correct.  You accept them into it if the promoter is not able to find a badge-admin.  This way, it will automatically verify that they were actually promoted and did not self promote.

-FlyingAce-

-FlyingAce-

Loyal Member

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:37 am

Thank you! Just had to clear that up! XD

-TwilightEyes.

-TwilightEyes.

Manager
Manager

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:52 am

Channdie wrote:Yes - that is correct.  You accept them into it if the promoter is not able to find a badge-admin.  This way, it will automatically verify that they were actually promoted and did not self promote.
Ummmmmm . . . 
 . . . This is NOT true!  The AB Badge is for Transfer Unit (IA) people only.

For people who transfer into SS and there is no Badge Admins around to accept.
We don't want to give the AB badge to anyone, mainly because this causes a lot of confusion when working with the Transfer Logs.

For someone who is promoted into a new division, they simply put a "AB" in their motto.

http://www.liveambitionhelpcenter.weebly.com

-FlyingAce-

-FlyingAce-

Loyal Member

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:54 am

-TwilightEyes.

-TwilightEyes.

Manager
Manager

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:55 am

OML, well that's just confusing o_O

-FlyingAce-

-FlyingAce-

Loyal Member

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:56 am

I know Very Happy thats why I had to ask hahahaha

Rocker_Reaz

Rocker_Reaz

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:44 am

Awaiting badge only for Internal Affairs Unit Only. Not For Promotion / Alternative accounts. Thank you.

Last edited by Rocker_Reaz on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://officialss.habbo-help.com/u47

-TwilightEyes.

-TwilightEyes.

Manager
Manager

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:46 am

Reaz, read link above

-FlyingAce-

-FlyingAce-

Loyal Member

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:49 am

Rocker_Reaz

Rocker_Reaz

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:52 am

Mhmm. Just read it.

http://officialss.habbo-help.com/u47

Channdie

Channdie

Manager
Manager

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 pm

-TwilightEyes. wrote:
Channdie wrote:Yes - that is correct.  You accept them into it if the promoter is not able to find a badge-admin.  This way, it will automatically verify that they were actually promoted and did not self promote.
Ummmmmm . . . 
 . . . This is NOT true!  The AB Badge is for Transfer Unit (IA) people only.

For people who transfer into SS and there is no Badge Admins around to accept.
We don't want to give the AB badge to anyone, mainly because this causes a lot of confusion when working with the Transfer Logs.

For someone who is promoted into a new division, they simply put a "AB" in their motto.

I was informed that the AB is for persons whenever a badge admin is not present.  Therefore, the Awaiting Badge badge will have more admins - so more persons can approve it.  Smile

"The 'AB' (Awaiting Badge) badge is now to be used for the purposes of new unit promotions as well as transfers. "

Therefore, it is used for when promoting people into new units as well, not only transfers.

Pazan

Pazan

Support Administrator
Support Administrator

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:47 pm

To be quite honest, I thought my post was very self-explanatory.

If no badge admin is present to accept a person's new unit badge, seek out an AB admin and obtain the AB badge, as there are considerably more around. This will allow the person to have their badge accepted more quickly by a full admin once their promoter has left their side.

The AB badge is now used for both IA and new unit promotions (should there be no full badge admins present).

I cannot see this causing any problems whatsoever, providing everyone is aware of this policy change.

--------

If the Internal Affairs department really think this will negatively affect their operation, I might suggest having an 'IA AB' badge and a 'Promotions AB' badge, although we really could do without creating more and more badges.

On the point of a promotee putting <AB> in their motto - this serves no purpose whatsoever. It does not prove they have been promoted legitimately and it is not sufficient proof for a badge admin to accept their badge. However if someone comes along with the AB badge, it does in fact prove they were promoted, and as such we can then accept their unit badge without speaking to their promoter.

Last edited by Pazan on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 4 times in total

-FlyingAce-

-FlyingAce-

Loyal Member

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:49 pm

I just wanted to make sure that we needed the Promoter there to accept the AB badge Smile ive got it now Very Happy

Serg

Serg

Administrator
Administrator

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 pm

I wasn't really aware ...

http://www.officials.Habbo-help.com

Channdie

Channdie

Manager
Manager

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Pazan wrote:To be quite honest, I thought my post was very self-explanatory.

If no badge admin is present to accept a person's new unit badge, seek out an AB admin and obtain the AB badge, as there are considerably more around. This will allow the person to have their badge accepted more quickly by a full admin once their promoter has left their side.

The AB badge is now used for both IA and new unit promotions (should there be no full badge admins present).

I cannot see this causing any problems whatsoever, providing everyone is aware of this policy change.

--------

If the Internal Affairs department really think this will negatively affect their operation, I might suggest having an 'IA AB' badge and a 'Promotions AB' badge, although we really could do without creating more and more badges.

On the point of a promotee putting <AB> in their motto - this serves no purpose whatsoever. It does not prove they have been promoted legitimately and it is not sufficient proof for a badge admin to accept their badge. However if someone comes along with the AB badge, it does in fact prove they were promoted, and as such we can then accept their unit badge without speaking to their promoter.

I don't personally see a need for us to have two different badges.  IA should be able to just use the AB badge like everyone else.  It serves the same purpose - killing two birds with one stone.

-TwilightEyes.

-TwilightEyes.

Manager
Manager

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:11 pm

I think I would rather the idea of an IA Awaking Badge.

Reasons are simple:

1. It helps me as the overseer of IA to check the logs as well as check the AB badge to make sure the transfer IS However logged.
2. The IA members should ONLY have admins to this said IA Awaiting Badge.
3. Having a AB badge to ourselves helps me keep track of if random people are given the admins to this badge.  (If random people are given admins to this badge, it could cause some conteversy in the sense of people "saying" they were transferred to admins of the AB badge, kwhen they really weren't.

I have my own pros and cons to this idea.  And if needed and approved by foundation, I will create MY OWN AB Badge for IA itself.

Pazan

Pazan

Support Administrator
Support Administrator

Posted Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Administrator Message:

Locked - inactive.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 1)

Permissions in this forum: