Secret Service Backup Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ideas for changes to HR Training Script

Message (Page 1 of 1)

XxMissTashaxX

Loyal Member

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:09 am

Hey guys,

I think that some changes need to be made to the High Rank training script. I have come across a lot of HRs that are not aware of the rules surrounding promotions, and when it is appropriate. I have pulled multiple people up for promoting either without reason, or promoting when the workers has been online for something like 7 minutes. I know that this information is in the master policy, but realistically, not every Trial High Rank reads it in its entirety straight away, or looks at the forums, and it could be good to have the information included in the training script. 

In my opinion this information could be added into the "Terms of promoting" section, or added in separately. 

E.g.

Terms of promoting:
1. You can promote everyone who are 5 ranks lower than you.
2. You can not promote anyone to same unit with you.

An example: if you are in Diplomats unit, you can not promote anyone to diplomat.

3. You must check the worker's online time before every promotion.
4. The person that you are promoting must be working hard. Don't promote without a good reason.

HRs that are not aware of these rules contribute significantly to the issue of workers being promoted too quickly, and this something that could be fixed.

Tasha x

RamonaKallo

RamonaKallo

Manager
Manager

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:47 am

Good idea MissTasha, I agree to you . Very Happy
But I don't think they would care about it , you just write to them all the training script, and after a few days or hours, they'll forget that. I don't know how much it could help it.

ShayrieLaverra

ShayrieLaverra

Loyal Member

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 pm

i thought we were asked to read the terms in the website already in the script? As a new HR,they would have to read it so that they would know what they can and cant do as a HR. But if u added to script they would be more aware abt it also XD so i dunno..

xmadddyx

xmadddyx

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Well, I believe in the promotion policy it makes it clear enough o.O
And also in the  training script it says at the end to check the policies and take your time while reading them. And I shall quote something from the promotion policy "
[*]You may promote someone in 'Standard Ranks' once every 30-60 minutes if they are actively working and doing a good job.
[*]You may promote someone in 'Security to Legal Affairs' once every 60 or so minutes if they are doing a good job.
[*]HR+ may be promoted once every 1-3 hours depending on how active they are and if they are working.
[*]Remember to use your head when promoting, someone getting promoted 5 times in an hour isn't fair or right.
[*]Also remember to look out for people that haven't been getting promoted, someone not getting promoted once in 5 hours is bad." -End of quote. As an HR you'll have to use your brain in that I guess. And almost every week there's an HR meeting held about promotion policies and HR related things. c: Usually, through HR training I suggest stressing so hard at the Promotion policy too.

Dii_xOx

Loyal Member

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Nice find Madddy. I think that sums it up as a whole. :face:

Trafalgar

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Kinda funny when it used to be HR meetings bringing up underpromoting instead of overpromoting. Yes i agreed in the training script, they're urged to read the master policy but another channel of reinforcement wouldn't hurt.

As for the rate of promotions, we might have a solution but putting it to play is hard but not impossible. At the same time it also serves as a solution to crowded hallway.

The solution to fast promotion rate to those undeserved and a way to keep our hallways cleared: 

In any period of time in the hallway, no more than 1 HR+ promoting at once. This is to ensure when you go out at the hallway, everybody will have their eyes on you and make sure you have a good reason to justify for that promotion. The max number of promotions per trip to the hallway is 2. The next HR+ can come in to promote after 30-60mins.

You might ask, who is the one that is going to keep track of 30-60mins in the rule? Let me answer that doubt, it lies in the speaker corner. Yes it's for Leadership but where is the sense of helping each other out? To keep tabs on one another. Constantly reminding and staying proactive.

Ayush=Lenot

Ayush=Lenot

Posted Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 am

Thats strange one time people talk about underpromoting next overpromoting......

Ayush=Lenot

Ayush=Lenot

Posted Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 am

Well, I agree with Alice's idea about over promotion to those undeserved. I have often seen people promoting juniors just because they are friends.

As for Traf's idea, I suppose it could be put into play and it should be put into play as fast as possible. Over promoting is a big issue. And having only 1 HR in the hallway will keep it under control. Also, this will make the hallway more organised.  

As for Alice's idea in the HR Training script, I suppose it is very important to mention these rules because HRs are not taking the promotion policy very seriously. If it carries on, I suggest promotion logs need to be made compulsary to keep a track of the promotions.

IAmWill!

Support Administrator
Support Administrator

Posted Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:34 am

I've made some adjustment to the HR Training Script.

XxMissTashaxX

Loyal Member

Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:11 am

Thank you Will. Smile

sonyteo

sonyteo

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:16 am

Woo Woo (Y) Alt+149

Erys

Erys

Ex - Moderator

Posted Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:19 pm